Our transport will pick you up at your agreed time and location.
Departure to Mestia
- Enguri Hydro Power Plant – the largest hydro power plant in the South Caucasus.
- Mestia – Located on the elevation of 1500 m above sea level, surrounded by mountains, Mestia is administrative and tourist center of Zemo Svaneti. It is linked with center of the region, snaking in the gorges between picturesque slopes of Svaneti segment of Kavkasioni mountain range. Hardly accessible Zemo Svaneti throughout centuries played a function of treasury safe-keeper of Georgia. At the time of wars Mestia was an elaborate depository of church and public items brought here from different corners of the nation for safe-keeping.
- Overnight in Mestia.
Breakfast at the hotel
- Mestia ethnographic museum – It was founded in 1936.The museum preserves the materials obtained from archaeological excavations on the territory of Svaneti region, unique specimens of Georgian hammered art and iconography.
- Margiani museum – Margian’s museum is an old Svan house. The museum is the best of the oldest houses still survived, the complex consists of a living house with its equipment, cellar, dailies, towers and others.
- Matskhvarishi church of Savior – The Church of the Latali Savior is built in the tenth-eleventh century. From here the name of the village is called “Savior”.The construction of the church of Ten Stones suggests that Svaneti is one of the oldest bases of Georgian ethnic culture, Georgian culture, spirituality and statehood.
- Hatsvali – is one of the closest peak in Mestia. This place is the best in winter and summer, because of the here filling apart beautiful views of Svaneti.
Way back to Mestia and overnight.
Breakfast at the hotel.
Departure to Ushguli
- Tower of love – The oldest tower. The legend of this tower tells the story of tragic love.
- Ushguli – is a community of four villages located at the head of the Enguri gorge in Svaneti, Georgia. Recognized as the Upper Svaneti UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Ushguli ethnographic museum – an unusual form of the interior of the old Svan house is presented here, also all the necessary items for living in household cloths and strict climatic conditions of Svaneti.